[SOLVED] How can I fix "copy plugin" deprecation warning?

I’ve just updated to Shrine 2.19.3 (from 2.8.0), and I’m seeing this deprecation warning in the console:

SHRINE DEPRECATION WARNING: The copy plugin is deprecated and will be removed in Shrine 3.

I also had a deprecation warning for the logging plugin, and I was able to change this to the instrumentation plugin with no problems. However, the deprecation warning message doesn’t tell me what I should do about the copy plugin, and I’m struggling to find any relevant documentation.

Here are my plugins in config/initializers/shrine.rb:

Shrine.plugin :activerecord
Shrine.plugin :instrumentation
Shrine.logger = Rails.logger
Shrine.plugin :cached_attachment_data
Shrine.plugin :backgrounding
Shrine.plugin :copy

# Handle parsed JSON for API endpoints
# See: https://github.com/shrinerb/shrine/issues/335
Shrine.plugin :parsed_json

I can’t really remember why I needed the copy plugin, but I do have some code that duplicates an ActiveRecord model and copies all of the attachments onto the new model. So if I delete the new model, it only deletes the copy of the uploaded file, and it doesn’t delete the original file.

If I remove the Shrine copy plugin, will I lose this behaviour, and my two models will share the same file upload? Or is copying the new default behavior, so the plugin is no longer required?

Thanks for your help!

Ah, I just found the “Upgrading to 3” guide with the section about the copy plugin.