We’re planning to release Shrine 3.0 by the end of October. It will have many new features and improvements:
- new derivatives plugin (rewrite of versions)
- immutable entity support (+ ROM/Hanami/dry-rb integration)
- new mirroring plugin
- more flexible and explicit backgrounding
I wrote about this more in depth in my article Upcoming features in Shrine 3.0. The API is pretty stable now, and I’ve released beta version of 3.0.0 for people that want to try it out.
We’re actively preparing for Shrine 3.0, but there is still lots to do before the release:
- finish updating docs
- guide for migrating from 2.x to 3.x
- full release notes
- backwards compat layer for Attacher and backgrounding (maybe)
We’re also planning on moving the website and docs to Docusaurus.