Direct uploads after upgrading from v2 to v3

Hello, I tried to update our Rails-application from version 2.19 to 3.3.

When I try to save the results of my direct uploads, I am only met by the error mentioned in the upgrade guide

#~> Shrine::Error: expected cached file, got #<Shrine::UploadedFile storage=:store ...>

First I thought this was due to us directly uploading to our :store-storage but I get the same behaviour when I use the :cache-storage.

What is required by the direct upload data to be able to assign it to a ActiveRecord-object without triggering the above warning?

Thankful for any help!

Could you post all of the Shrine-related code? If you’ve done direct uploads as documented and as shown in demo apps, the assigned uploaded file should be cached, not stored.

Thank you for your answer :slightly_smiling_face:
I got it to work, I think it was related to me removing some plugin.

Are there any plugins that are incompatible after moving from v2 to v3? For example derivatives and versions?

The derivatives and versions plugins have different APIs and store uploaded file data in a different format, but there is a compatibility layer for the data format at least, which should make the migration easier.

Otherwise there are extensive 3.0.0 release notes, so you can read about all the backwards incompatible changes there.