Azure storage adapter

Hey @janko!

I really love using shrine.rb on my ruby projects.

One of my clients requires Azure Storage and I was thinking about helping/contributing to the codebase by implement an official storage adapter for it, following the discussion here: https://github.com/shrinerb/shrine/issues/217 .

I used the same approach like here on one of my projects and it seems to work fine.

What do you say?

-Robi

Hi Robi, I’m happy to hear Shrine is working well for you :heart:

Yes, I would love to have an official Azure storage. The closest we currently have is this gem, which seems to provide a decent implementation, with some additional GC massaging. I don’t know how complete it is, but it’s not ideal that the gem is currently named shrine-storage :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe it would make sense to try to collaborate with them on this gem, you can be the judge of that.

Regardless of whether you decide to create a new gem or collaborate on shrine-storage, you can choose whether you’d prefer to publish it on the shrinerb organization (I could provide permissions), or you’d prefer to have it on your account and we could link to it from the Shrine docs.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan! I will let you know what I decided after I have a better look.